When you use electronic financial transactions such as Online banking and phone banking in your everyday enterprise, always take note that you are placing yourself at risk of fraud and security breaches which could lead identity theft or worse to an expenditure of your entire bank account balance.
- Always install security programs provided by your financial establishment.
- Do not record or expose your personal information such as in a diary or your wallet where they can easily be seen by anyone and do not give out your personal information to anyone including the employees of your financial establishment.
- Always use a different login or password for your bank accounts and certificates. Reset and change them occasionally for added protection.
- Visit financial transaction websites by typing the URL unto the address bar or through the use of your Favorites link.
- Avail and register for the service which notifies you of electronic transaction history.
- Always remember to avoid accessing Online banking from public places such as Internet cafes or from shared computers.
- Do not open spam or suspicious emails that could contain phishing links. Always see to it to scan files before opening or storing any email attachment.
- If you received notices or emails concerning bank loans, promos or an anomaly in your account always see to it to contact your financial establishment for confirmation.
Simply follow the tips above and you are assured of a worry- free electronic financial transaction every time.